[parisc-linux] question about booting / console

Alex deVries adevries@thepuffingroup.com
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:34:27 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Andi wrote:
> I have now sucessfully booted the linux kernel over the network with bootp.
> after booting the HP with "boot alt isl" , I changed the command line from
> console=ttyS0 to console=tty at the interactive bootloader, but after the kernel
> displays
> realmode_setup exited
> nothing else happens. I used the latest binary kernel snapshot, and I have a
> HP 712.

I'm pretty sure that that binary image will actually only work with a
serial console, so that's probably the issue.

I'll make sure there's better images up sometime this week.

- Alex