[parisc-linux] iodc console patch

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 21:09:24 +0100

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 11:46:59PM +0200, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> To get a sash prompt on my 715/33 I need the patch below. Even if this
> patch isn't release quality something like that is needed to get the
> iodc console going.
>
> Because I still have some problems with the first few printed lines, I
> haven't checked it into cvs. Hope it helps others as well. Ohh and changing
> "console=ttyS0" to "console=tty" in boot_code/ipl_c.c is required, too.

I've just checked in something similar.  You should also disable
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE, or you'll see all lines printed twice.  I think it
will now work out of the box for the 715/33 if you have the right .config.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of