[parisc-linux] cant use rbootd

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:55:13 +0100

On Sun, Nov 07, 1999 at 07:04:46PM +0100, Andi wrote:
> OK, forget what I wrote, I used rbootd instead of bootp... oops. Booting over
> the network works now. I tried the latest snapshot of the PARISC-Linux Kernel.
> But it doenst seem to get far...
>
> after
>
> "transferring control to kernel (...)"
>
> nothing happens.

See

The information contained therein is essential for anyone not using a
serial console.

P.S.  I've managed to find a machine to act as an rboot server now,
so I've started hacking on the HIL driver to make it work on the 7xx
series as well as the 300.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of