[parisc-linux] Hi Also!

Philipp Rumpf prumpf@jcsbs.lanobis.de
Thu, 13 May 1999 15:48:38 +0000

> Hello, I too am new to the list; I have been lurking for a while, and have
> this related question:  What hardware is being targeted right now, and what
> is the minimum needed to help out?  Would a C110 be ok?  How 'bout a 715/50?

Due to the PDC interface being enough to get us to a bash prompt without
deciding on a single machine / machine group, any machine that does what
the PA1.1 docs say should be useful atm.

I think (this is just my personal plans and might very well change soon)
we'll boot using a ramdisk loaded by the bootloader with the kernel.
This means you need a dedicated Linux disk, and probably a HP-UX disk
to write diskimages to the Linux disk.

> Also, could we put together a newbies task list?  Stuff that needs to be

I think we don't have any of the typical boring repetitive tasks to let
newbies do atm. The basic task is to get the kernel working and there's
a list for things needed (though not up-to-date) somewhere on
www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc.

	Philipp Rumpf