[parisc-linux] A180 Ignition Howto

Kirk Bresniker kirkb@chrome.rose.hp.com
Wed, 12 May 1999 16:13:27 PDT

Linuxen,

| Incidentally, Christopher Beard told me over lunch that he got the kernel
| building under HPUX, which would solve the linking problems we were
| worried about.

I have been kibbitzing your efforts and have also been building the kernel
under HP-UX 10.20. I actually ran into a problem with gcc 2.8.1 generating
code that wouldn't assemble. I traced the problem to re-definition of .SUBSPA
parameters and hacked gas to ignore the problem. One question I have is
what are you configuring into the compile? When all was said and done I was
able to leave in only SCSI and serial and generate all the objects.

KMB
--
|       Kirk Bresniker    	(916) 785-5677		     |