[parisc-linux] Hi

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 12 May 1999 13:00:04 -0700

Philipp Rumpf wrote:
> > I'd just like to introduce myself.  I've liberated a 715/33 Apollo from
> > use as a monitor stand and managed to retrieve all the pieces needed to
> > get it as far as a boot prom prompt.  It's got 56MB of RAM and a hard disc
> > of some description.  I've got it attached to the ethernet, though I have
> > no idea whether this is working right now.  I don't however have anything
> > to boot right now - apparently this disc was used for swap when this
> > workstations was running HP-UX in the dim distant past (you should see
> > the dust).
>
> I think you have the choice to either wait til Linux is bootable or get a
> second hard disk and an HP-UX on it. The disks should be narrow SCSI so the
> second disk shouldn't really be much of a problem.

Mathew can also download and try to install the PA-mklinux.
I have this running on a 712/60 now. I suggest this because
I don't know how accessible HP-UX bits are to the general public.
HP-UX is usually distributed on CD-ROM these days.

Since the source is available for mk-linux, that would suppliment
the PA architecture documentation and might provide the kind of
implementation detail someone experienced in assembler could use.

grant