[parisc-linux] Hi

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Wed, 12 May 1999 20:57:59 +0200

I'd just like to introduce myself.  I've liberated a 715/33 Apollo from
use as a monitor stand and managed to retrieve all the pieces needed to
get it as far as a boot prom prompt.  It's got 56MB of RAM and a hard disc
of some description.  I've got it attached to the ethernet, though I have
no idea whether this is working right now.  I don't however have anything
to boot right now - apparently this disc was used for swap when this
workstations was running HP-UX in the dim distant past (you should see
the dust).

I have no previous experience of the HP architecture, but I'm a dab hand
at ARM assembler and I'm willing to learn.  Anyway, here I am with a
machine, ready to help.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of