[parisc-linux] linker errors

Kumar kumar@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 5 May 1999 19:43:53 -0700 (PDT)

OK, I used milli.S from the source distribution.. and its linked properly.

I do get warning messages like -
Ignoing subspace declaration due to ELF bfd bugs, but it did link.

Loader is not ELF aware yet, though. Tried u_entry in mklifheader to
be after ELF header in vmlinux..did not work.

Also the comment in linux/include/asm-parisc/pgtable.h is wrong.

/*
 * The Linux memory management assumes a three-level page table setup. On
 * the PARISC, we use that, but "fold" the mid level into the top-level page
 * table, so that we physically have the same two-level page table as the
 * PARISC mmu expects.
 */
 PARISC MMU does not enforce any structure on page tables. In particular,
 page table/tables are not multi-level. PA depends on the format of TLB
 insert instructions. I guess all we are going to have is one big flat
 page dir in memory, which is nothing but a bigger TLB cache. Could
 someone with write access to CVS source base can correct this.

 						-pkd