[parisc-linux] Developers getting hardware.

Alex deVries adevries@redhat.com
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:19:09 -0400 (EDT)

We're nearly at the point now where it's impossible to do development
without actual PA RISC hardware.  It's in everyone's best interest to make
sure that the developer's who need this hardware have access to it.

Already, 10 different people will get or have gotten shiny new A class
boxes from HP. The A180's are the first platform we're targetting. We
will eventually expand to other boxes, and the differences won't be
noticed until we get to device drivers.

There's a lot of people who are keen on doing development but who don't
have hardware.  If you are one of them, even if you've already contacted
me, please email me at adevries@thepuffingroup.com and tell me:
- where you live
- if you have a sync-on-green monitor
- what you think you can contribute

I've also gotten offers from people who have hardware they are willing to
loan or donate.  Even if you have contacted me in the past, please email
me at adevries@thepuffingroup.com and I'll do my best to match you up with
the right developer.  Please tell me:
- where you are
- what hardware you have

If you're within HP and have already talked to me, please ignore this.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries <puffin@redhat.com>
Red Hat Contrib Net maintainer