[hppa-linux] syscall work

Mike Shaver shaver@netscape.com
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:07:33 -0500

Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
> If Linux uses a different gateway page address than HP-UX (which I
> think is a good idea), why not use a strategy like that used for
> 64-bit HP-UX apps, where the kernel supplies the address in a
> register at application startup?

OK, I'm convinced.  I've changed unistd.h to use 0xC0000404 (on the next
page) for the syscall gateway, although we can easily change it back.

The ``Assembly Language Reference Manual'' I have says:
  Refer to the /HP-UX Reference/ manual for more information on HP-UX
system
  calls.

Anyone know what manual they're talking about?  I'd like to find out
what to do for syscalls that take more than 4 arguments, like mmap and
recvfrom and sendto.

Mike

--
81996.85 73813.97