[hppa-linux] memory layout

Michael Shalayeff mickey@lucifier.dial-up.user.akula.net
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 13:53:02 -0500 (EST)

Making, drinking tea and reading an opus magnum from Mike Shaver:
> Alan Cox wrote:
> > If you want to run PH/UX binaries then you need to probably follow their
> > layout
>
> Yeah, but OpenBSD runs their binaries and seems to use the 0xC0000000
> division.
hey! thank you very much, but we are not running hp/ux binaries on hppa yet (;
syscalls are done in hpux/lites/mklinux/osf/linux(?;) compatible way.
not all sources are in the repo tho (i'm doing things one at a time)

> > The m68k people use the 'spaces' equivalent on the m68k quite heavily
>
> So we should be reading up on the spaces use in the arch/m68k code, then
> =).
and hp300 (which is m68k) is doing syscalls throught the trap#n actually
(for both hpux and bsd)

cu