[hppa-linux] memory layout

Kumar kumar@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 21:29:46 -0800 (PST)

Talking about only pa1.1 or 32 bit CPUs, I would say the same layout
can be used as Linux on Intel does. That is kernel mapped at 0xc0000000.
So 3 Gig for User space and 1 Gig for kernel. Of course, other ppl may
have different ideas.

PA has this strange concept of Spaces and they have those
space registers %sr0 to %sr7. This reminds me of Intel's segment
registers. And whoever wanted to do any serious OS like Unix on 80386
never liked segments.

					pkd