[hppa-linux] Boot #4 and source on ftp site

Kumar kumar@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 21:21:36 -0800 (PST)

	I  compiled without libmilli.a and it did compile.
	File ipl_s.s says
	The object code is converted to LIF (logical interchange format)
	and then at the beginning of the boot media.

	So how do I convert the binary "ipl" to LIF. I tried "lifinit"
	and "mkboot" combination. But no luck, I keep getting

	"Bad IPL size" and "Error reading IPL" error messages.

	I tried "dd" also on the raw disk. No luck with that either.

	So my question is how to place built "ipl" binary at the
	appropriate place on the disk so that PDC finds it. Any magic
	combination of commands ? Looks like I am missing something
	obvious.

Thanks in advance,

-pkd