[parisc-linux] Anyone got a few moments?

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:09:16 -0700

Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> Which of the people involved in this project know PA-RISC assembler?
>
> We need xchg() written (in include/asm-parisc/system.h) before the
> networking will compile.  We're going to need other stuff written too of
> course; I know ARM assembler, so I guess I could probably learn PA-RISC
> asm if no-one else wants to.

What does xchg() do?

If it's a byte swapper, look at "PA-RISC 2.0 Architecture", by Gerry Kane
from HP Professionl books, page I-6. That's "Programming Notes" section.
Gives examples for "Endian byte swapping" for 32 and 64-bit quantities.
They work - HP-UX is using them.

grant

Grant Grundler
Enterprise Systems Technology Lab