[parisc-linux] HPUX binary compatibility

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 12:05:29 +0200

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 10:49:10AM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I'm not entirely sure what to do about signals.  Linux has only one signal
> > which HP/UX does not -- SIGSTKFLT.  As I said, I reused _SIGGFAULT as
> > we don't have a use for it in Linux (yet?).  What do you think is the
>
> I don't think we use SIGSTKFLT either do we ...

Oh, you're right.

mrw@mencheca:/usr/src/parisc/linux$ find . -type f |xargs grep SIGSTKFLT
./include/asm-arm/signal.h:#define SIGSTKFLT    16
./include/asm-i386/signal.h:#define SIGSTKFLT   16
./include/asm-m68k/signal.h:#define SIGSTKFLT   16
./include/asm-parisc/signal.h:#define SIGSTKFLT 36
./include/asm-ppc/signal.h:#define SIGSTKFLT    16

So not only don't we currently use it, the alpha, mips, sparc and sparc64
ports don't have it.  Would a patch to remove it from all architectures
be accepted, do you think?

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of