[parisc-linux] HPUX binary compatibility

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:48:23 -0600

  In message <199906211723.KAA39308@bart.allegro.com>you write:
  > The problem with translators is that they don't work in all cases.
  >
  > The most important case is where you want to link some .o files
  > together: some are compiled for Linux, some for HP-UX.
  >
  > *That's* why having different system call numbers is important.
You really don't want to do that.  I strongly recommend against it.  In
5 years of working on a system which had hpux compatibility we had zero
need to do this kind of stuff and it just makes things a lot more complicated
than they need to be.

If we wanted to build an hpux app, we had a set of tools to build hpux apps.

jeff