[parisc-linux] HPUX binary compatibility

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 10:50:17 +0200

On Sun, Jun 20, 1999 at 02:21:36PM -0600, Jeffrey A Law wrote:

>   In message <19990620194015.J30362@mencheca.ch.genedata.com>you write:
>   >
>   > How far do we want to or are we able to go with making constants identical
>   > between HPUX and Linux?
> We never bothered at the UofU.  It didn't seem worth the headache to try and
> get either HP or Berkeley to change syscall, errno or other constants.

syscall and errno values are already different on different Linux
architectures anyway, so we have a free hand here.

> Just write translators on the hpux emulation side.

Yes, this is certainly what we'll do.  But if we can be clever and get a
bunch of compatibility for free, then we should.

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of