[parisc-linux] strace/truss/par equivalent for HP-UX

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 01:08:39 -0600

  In message <19990620084918.H30362@mencheca.ch.genedata.com>you write:
  > Rather than waste time trying to get it to compile when it probably
  > won't link, anyone want to give me a trace of what system calls `sh'
  > makes when it starts up so I can have a crack at getting the most useful
  > bits of HPUX binary compatibility working?
Actually for binary compatibility the linker & X server tended to exercise
the most useful bits.  Or more correctly, those were the hpux bins we (UofU)
wanted to run most badly and thus that's were we concentrated our effort :-)

If you look in Utah's code you'll find the majority of the hpux compat code;
though it will need some updating since those releases predated hpux10 and
hpux11.

Presumably you're thinking about firing up the hpux shell instead of a mini
shell the first time we attempt to get to single user using hpux compat?

jeff