[parisc-linux] A quick update

Fri, 18 Jun 1999 09:05:50 -0400 (EDT)

You probably want to use the same link options as Jason used for the IPL:

-N -R address.

The address specified should match the location where the kernel is
loaded into the LIF image.  The -N places the $DATA$ section after
the $CODE$ section in low memory.  The +n option that was being used
in the Makefile has the $DATA$ section in the 0x40000000 quadrant.
This is wrong for the kernel.

After the kernel is built, take a look at where the sections start
in SOM executable.  Each section must be copied to its corresponding
starting address in the LIF image.  Space must be reserved for the bss
data if there is a section after it that contains necessary data.

Dave