[parisc-linux] booting problems

Alex deVries adevries@thepuffingroup.com
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:07:57 -0400

Okay, I've committed a couple of fixes to make the building of the
bootable image go a bit smoother.  Thanks to John for his patch that
doesn't require /dev/zero existing to create the sparse file.

And now it passes the LIF magic and checksum, and dies.  Here's a
hand-typed copy of the console:

"
Main Menu: Enter command > boot p2
Interact with IPL (Y, N, or Cancel)?> n

Booting...
Network Station Address 001039-037944
System IP Address 192.168.1.56
Server IP Address 192.168.1.52

Boot IO Dependant Code (IODC) revision 2

SOFT Booted.
"

And then absolutely nothing.  The cute little heart on the front panel
is stuck on. According to the inside of the top cover (oh, what a great
place to put debug info), this means: "System board fault, HPMC or
Unknown fault".  At this point I'm going for the third.

Looks like we just need to compare a large chunk of the bootable binary
to figure out what's happening.

- Alex