[parisc-linux] Trying to get HP-UX working

xomina ryan@email.labmed.umn.edu
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:04:03 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, John David Anglin wrote:

> > here's the gnu directory taken from my HP-UX 10.20 machine at work.  it
>
> Are they static so that they will work without shared libraries?

oops, no, they appear to be dynamic.  at least, i assume that's what this
means:

mercury:/usr/local/gnu/bin> chatr bash
bash:
         shared executable
         shared library dynamic path search:
             SHLIB_PATH     disabled  second
             embedded path  disabled  first  Not Defined
         internal name:
             bash
         shared library list:
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libc.1
         shared library binding:
             deferred
         static branch prediction disabled
         data page size: 4K
         instruction page size: 4K
mercury:/usr/local/gnu/bin>

sorry, i didn't install them on this machine, and wasn't aware they
weren't statically-linked.  comes from being a non-kernel programmer and
being a bit hasty to find something i could possibly help out with, i
suppose!

ryan