[parisc-linux] 715/33 experience and one question (fwd)

Bill Katz billk@sr.hp.com
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 08:16:51 -0700 (PDT)

|Right, the 715 has neither DINO nor LASI.  The chips inside are labelled
|OLIN and SHINKO.  http://www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc/hp9000_models.html
|has no details on these chips.  Alex tells me he's trying to get
|documentation on these chips, but I'll have to be patient.  The major
|stumbling block with these machines is likely to be the SCSI controller
|-- it's an NCR53C700 which is apparently a very nasty device; much more
|nasty than the 710 which is built into LASI.
|
|In my copious spare time, I'm stumbling through the Utah Mach sources,
|trying to glean details about OLIN and SHINKO but I've had no success
|so far.

Whoops.  My previous comments about ASP apply to the even earlier
machines (720/730/735).  I also didn't know about the differences
between 5sC700 and 53C710.

I'm sure we've got this data stashed away SOMEWHERE...

	-Bill