[parisc-linux] Helge's commits

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 23:20:47 -0600

  > > Doh!  You are right, we do have quite a few files in there with the
  > > notorious advertising clause.  I assume that is the sticky part?
  > > I'll see what I can do...
  >
  > Don't waste your time. The first thing to do is too check with OSF. I guess
  > their response will be "No way" so we can forget about that.
Maybe, maybe not.  Depends on what Mike finds in the UofU sources -- the UofU
wrote most of the PA code, not OSF.  So while OSF may have slapped a copyright
on it when they picked it up and modified it, there may well be versions in
the UofU tree that are not encumbered by the OSF license and are copyrighted
by the UofU only.

This is something I've been meaning to bright up with folks at the UofU, but
keep forgetting when I'm up there.  Mike's probably in a better position to do
it anyway since he's still with the UofU.

jeff