[parisc-linux] Whee! Dino is recognized.

Alan Cox alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 19:07:41 +0100 (BST)

> > You don't need to. It doesn't help on single processor systems
> > and only adds complexity in the IRQ management.
> >

> Oh, that wasn't quite clear in the dino docs.  I'll just ignore IAR1
> then.

Right now the code treats the IRQ off IAR0 and IAR1 as the same - so you
register an IRQ and SMP folks can load balance it later.

> The kernel already has generic PCI bus walking code, so this shouldn't
> be too difficult

It assumes the bus has been configured. If not then Russ King has a set
of nastiness for configuring the PCI bus on his ebsa285 we can half inch