[parisc-linux] cd-rom

Wed, 29 Dec 1999 12:05:14 -0500 (EST)

> 	correction: it is a NEC MultiSpin 2Xe (CDR-74-1)
>
> 	i have set the ID to 4.  I also tried it on 3 and it would not
> detect it.
>
> 	it has 4 switches on the back and i have 1 & 2 set opposite of what
> is recommended
> 	on the NEC webpage for installation on IBM or compatibles (that's
> the only way SAM
> 	detected the device):
> 	switch 1 is Factory Use Only(Normal OFF) (I have it ON)
> 	switch 2 is Termination ON/OFF (I have it OFF)
> 	switch 3 is SCSI2/ON SCSI1/OFF (I have it OFF)
> 	switch 4 is Factory Use Only(Normal OFF) (I have it ON)

Strange.  I have a NEC CD-ROM drive on my machine and I am pretty
certain the switch settings are per the drive manual.  In general,
If this is the last drive on the chain, termination should be on.
SCSI2 should be OK.  You should be able to see the drive with
diskinfo if you have the SCSI ID and driver major/minor set correctly.

> 	is it possible to add something to pd_devinfo.tx that would allow it
> to mount?

Yes.  However, this is only for sam.  You should be able to manually
mount/umount the drive.  The busy error indicates that some process is
trying to open device file (possibly, because you have the device listed
in /etc/checklist).