[parisc-linux] How to set serial console on 712 (fwd)

Matthew Wilcox willy@thepuffingroup.com
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:15:27 -0500

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 07:45:00AM -0800, Bill Katz William" wrote:
> |How do I set the console on my 712 to be the serial port, not the graphics
> |display?
> |
> |Thanks
> |

> Boot to ISL and use the conspath
> command to change the console back to rs232.  The command to use is:
>
> serial
>         conspath 2/0/4.643
> graphics
>         conspath 1/0/0.0

This contradicts the PA-RISC Booting HOWTO:

-----

3.1.2.3.3. How can I change the boot console to serial on a 712?

Unfortunately, you can't. Although 712s are configured for in-house HP
development to use serial console, this configuration isn't supported
in the field. You have to use a graphics console for 712s.

-----

I'd like to know if this needs to be corrected.