[parisc-linux] Puffin sells out!

Jack Perdue j-perdue@tamu.edu
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:36:14 -0600

At 09:53 PM 12/14/99 -0500, some Puffin wrote:

[doomsday scenario snipped]

>> Is this the end?
>
>For parisc-linux, yes.  [snip]

>While employees are not forbidden from continuing to work on the port,
>they are actively encouraged to work on proprietary puffin products in
>their spare time which we shall be making a press release about shortly.

    OTTOWA, Canada (AP) - In a surprise strategy, The Puffin Group
    announced in the wake of their takeover today by Linuxcare, Inc.
    a new policy "encouraging" their workers to work for free, reminiscent
    of the downsizing trend of the 1980s.  Business analysts are confused
    as to the profitability and viability of such policy.  "Asking your
    employees to give up their spare time to put dollars in the pockets
    of the shareholders seems to be a stretch", said Silicon Valley
    analyst...[etc.]

>The mailing list will be deactivated shortly.  We thank you for your
>participation.

LOL!

>This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
>use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
>strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please contact
>the sender and delete all copies.

Oops.