[parisc-linux] More 9.05 notes and recipe.html

Brian S. Julin bri@mojo.calyx.net
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:55:32 -0500 (EST)

Had another go at compiling kernel under HPUX 9.05;
here are some more notes.

First off, recipe.html is outdated apparently as
it still tells you to build a hpux/linux cross compiler,
which I'm told is not the way things are now done.

Had to rm -rf ld from binutils or it wouldn't configure
the other directories.

Had to add struct timespec by hand.

Had to remove the +vnocompatwarnings ld flag from
parisc/real/Makefile.

recipe.html's sample bootpd line has semicolons in it which
fail at least in my /etc/bootptab; should be colons.

Finally got the build working, but no luck booting
(this is a 715/64) with either that or the images
on the web site.  IPL encounters an error of some sort,
but provides no specifics.  I've only tried booting over
LAN so far.

FWIW,

--
Brian S. Julin