[parisc-linux] bad news, good news, unkown (Temp CR used as permanent storage)

Fri, 3 Dec 1999 17:15:17 -0500 (EST)

On the subject of things possibly getting clobbered in PDC/IODC calls,
I think the variable real_routine can get clobbered since it is used
for more than one type of call.

The good news is that I have made some improvement to the PDC/IODC
console.  I have eliminated the double lines, and when the IODC console
is configured, the system can now successfully print all stored
messages and open /dev/console.  However, in making changes to iodccon.c,
I realized that the IODC console is a really bad video console since you
can't do cursor addressing.  I think it would better to use the serial
driver.

Thoughts?

Dave