[parisc-linux] Booting 715/100

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 23:44:40 +0200

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 02:21:35PM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> I finally managed to build a kernel from the 08/07/99 tar file.

I assume you mean 07/Aug/99 rather than 08/Jul/99?  :-)

> Now I can't boot it!
>
> I might need to update the source tree again but need
> to figure out how CVS can operate through HP's firewall.

Can you ssh out?  CVS_RSH=ssh should do the trick if so.

> I also wasn't sure about the difference between
> CONFIG_PA7100 and CONFIG_PA7300 in the .config file.
> I thought the 715/100 is an older machine before 7300LC
> was available and thus is PA7100. Is this right?

Well, according to /usr/sam/lib/mo/sched.models (a very useful file!)

715     1.1c    PA7100LC

It doesn't mention the submodels explicitly.  However,

http://www.thepuffingroup.com/parisc/hp9000_models.html

says the 715/100 (both variants!) have PCXL CPUs which is the same as that
on the 712 models, which we know to be the 7100LC.

Sorry I can't be of any help on the actual problem though...

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of