[parisc-linux] Some GSC questions for HP

Alex deVries adevries@thepuffingroup.com
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 21:19:47 -0400

I have some questions about GSC.

1.
First, I'm working with Dave Kennedy on some code that'll walk through
PDC to see all the devices on the box.  I'm using PDC_IODC to walk
through the devices.  This requires that I pass it an hpa, which
requires the bus id number.  Right now we just walk through all the
different busses to detect all the possible hardware.

How are bus IDs assigned, and how can we read that?

2.

On SMP PA 1.1 boxes, is there one GSC per CPU, or do all the CPUs share
the same GSC?

3.

Does this concept of IOFlex work on non-GSC busses?

There's more coming.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries