[parisc-linux] unsatisfied symbols

Steven A. DuChene sduchene@mindspring.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 09:43:08 -0400

On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 11:40:03AM +0200, Ingo Matthaes wrote:
> it is not possible to compile the latest CVS-Kernels. I tried
> various configurations, but I still get unsatisfied symbol __delay.
> Is anybody out there, who compiles the actual sources succesfully ?
> make menuconfig seems to be broken too (since 4 weeks)

Ingo:
When you say make menuconfig seems to be broken, what exactly doesn't
work? As I understand the current method for compiling kernels takes
place using HP-UX with gcc. Does it also include ncurses or is the
group attempting to use the native HP-UX curses? If the later then
understand that HP-UX has at last count at least three or four
different curses libraries. Some of them are badly broken while others
are only semi broken. My advice is to get ncurses and use it instead
of the various native curses implementations.

If the make menuconfig problem isn't a problem with the curses
implementation on HP-UX I could be barking up the wrong tree here.
--
Steven A. DuChene   Linux Fan!  http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog it's
too dark to read.
                -- Groucho Marx