[parisc-linux] HPUX syscall ABI?

LaMont Jones lamont@security.hp.com
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 00:08:24 -0600

> I've just redefined the Linux syscall ABI again so we can
> handle sys_mmap (which takes 6 arguments) cleanly.  I'm now
> wondering what the HPUX syscall standard is.  I've searched
> http://docs.hp.com:80/dynaweb/hpux11/dtdcen1a/b821/@Generic__BookView
> (as mentioned earlier on this mailing list) without success.

IIRC, r22 has the syscall number, r31 (and sr0) gets trashed branching
to 0.0xc0000004 (they probably get used as part of the return - I'm too
lazy to go look right now, but I'm pretty sure that r31 gets copied into
r2).  Other than that, it's a standard PA1.1 function call: arg0-3 in
r26-21, and arg4-n at sp-52, -56, ...

Was that what you were looking for?
lamont