[parisc-linux] kernel updates.

Ulrich Drepper drepper@cygnus.com
18 Apr 1999 00:28:55 -0700

Alex deVries <adevries@redhat.com> writes:

> And the answer to this is:
> - the only docs we have for 32 bit ELF from HP are quite old
> - if they're incomplete, it's up to us fill in the information
> - this is a good forum to ask directed questions on this topic

The question is: "is the documentation incomplete or wrong?".

My only comparison is elf.h header in HP/UX 11.  And this header
introduces completely different definitions for the same names.
Something which of course should be avoided under all circumstances.

I thin the first question to be answered is: which relocations must be
supported.  The answer has two parts: the minimal set and the complete
set.

I don't know the HPPA specifics, I only know ELF in general.