[kernel] bug#156: zsh's backticks fail with lesspipe

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr>, 156@bugs.parisc-linux.org Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr>, 156@bugs.parisc-linux.org

X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Message: report 156
X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Package: kernel
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 21:07:31 +0100
To: submit@bugs.parisc-linux.org
From: Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr>

Package: kernel

Hi,

Matthew Wilcox tells me this is the right place to file this bug :)

Running eval `lesspipe` with zsh on paer.debian.org doesn't work, it hangs.
It appears that the length of what lesspipe outputs is the culprit, as I've
experimented with several other eval's and backticks and whatnot and
everything else worked, except for things like this:

eval `perl -e 'print "a" x 2000'`

But then, this hangs, too:

eval `perl -e 'print "a" x 1'`

It's kinda puzzling. Maybe the different types of quotes are bugging it?

The kernel is:
Linux paer 2.4.14-64-smp #1 SMP Mon Nov 26 19:13:46 MST 2001 parisc64 unknown

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.