[kernel] bug#42: parisc64 is missing -mdisable-fpregs

None

X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Message: report 42
X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Package: kernel
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 05:14:09 +0000
From: Matthew Wilcox <matthew@wil.cx>
To: submit@bugs.parisc-linux.org
Sender: <willy@www.linux.org.uk>

Package: kernel
Version: 2.4.0

parisc64 currently does not define -mdisable-fpregs, so the kernel is
using fp regs to do multiplication rather than calling millicode ($$mulI)
to do it.  Unfortunately, there's no $$mulI routine available for 64-bit
so we need to create one (64-bit libgcc?) before we can enable this flag.
Grant claims Paul knows what to do.

One point in favour of merging parisc & parisc64 is that i found this
bug which could've caused a lot of head-scratching later.