[kernel] bug#141: KC BR 0: Keyboard Problem

None

X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Message: report 141
X-PA-RISC Linux-PR-Package: kernel
From: "CARSON,KEVIN (HP-Canada,ex1)" <kevin_carson@hp.com>
To: "'submit@bugs.parisc-linux.org'" <submit@bugs.parisc-linux.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:24:16 -0700

Package: kernel
Version: 2.4.x

This is a minor bug but may be likely to be encountered so I didn't submit
it to quiet@bugs.parisc-linux.org in case that causes it to be unnoticed by
the development team.

I'm booting 0.9.1 using the 32bit kernel and sti console on a C160 (160MHz
PA-8000).  The system gets up to the first curses based screen but the
keyboard becomes non-responsive (ie pressing the Enter key does not
continue).  The keyboard is a A2840B (AT style PS/2 keyboard).  I've tested
another A2840B to confirm it isn't wasn't a faulty keyboard.  Swapped a very
generic Keytronic PC keyboard in and everything worked.  The A2840B was a
common keyboard on the 715 and works fine with the C160 with HP-UX.

I could interact with the IPL (PALO) and changing the terminal type from
Linux to vt100 had no effect.

Kevin Carson
Regional System Engineer
Hewlett-Packard (Canada) Ltd.